Responsible for the provision of specialised services to development teams within the customer management and billing areas. Management of a team of thirty staff, both contract and permanent; cost centre responsibility for a budget of £2.3 million; provision of architect, test, configuration management, implementation and environment services for project teams.
- Participation in major systems re-architecture exercise establishing a target enterprise architecture
- Creation of the Solutions Cookbook – a design guide for the technical community
- Implementation of service orientated architecture, methodology, tools and training, including the introduction of UML modelling and a common approach to analysing, designing and delivering services.
- Architectural definition of solutions and provision of advice and guidance
- Ownership and maintenance of system catalogue
- Programme of team building and training implemented
- Setup of European Orange EAI exchange group
- Working with France Telecom I led the successful implementation of an EAI pilot which led to the full deployment of the tool within the UK
- Survey of customer management systems across Orange Group to establish areas of commonality and produce a CRM framework for future joint developments.