A Consultant, Enterprise Architect and IT Leader, I specialise in developing IT Strategies and Roadmaps which transform businesses, helping enterprises better connect with their IT teams to jointly deliver successful business change. In my 25 year career, I have mainly worked in in the Telecoms, Media and latterly Housing and Not-for-Profit (NFP) sectors. This work spans a number of FTSE 100 companies and smaller organisations alike with delivery of over 50 assignments. An Architect by practice, I have extensive experience in all aspects of solution design and delivery from architecture to development, test and operational running, as well as management and leadership of teams.
Defined the IT Strategy and guided a multinational MVNO through a period of huge growth, implementing a converged BSS stack, international ERP solution, new eCommerce solution, migration to data centre and move to brand new headquarters.
Determined the target architecture and investment required to deliver an international OTT stack to support the converged Sky Group based on existing Sky UK solutions. Presented findings to CTO resulting in £20m+ investment programme.
Built and led the Solution Architecture team at Orange, managing 19 Solution Architects responsible for the definition of end-to-end solutions for circa 120 projects per annum developing innovations such as “Design Passports” and fostering an inclusive design community.
Worked on a number of innovative projects at Fujitsu including a JV with Microsoft to develop an early SaaS broker and integration solution, as well as an MVNE platform.
- Founded and grew a Consulting team of six delivering £1.4m revenue in 18 months, including defining the target Operating Model and IT architecture for TalkTalk’s migration to a ‘thick’ MVNO.
Education, Qualifications and Training
- TOGAF 9 Training 
- Microsoft Business Architecture (MSBA, now known as Motion) 
- Developing Winning Bids 
- Orange Senior management development programme [2005/6]
- Zachman Enterprise Architecture and Implementation Strategies 
- DSDM Practitioner and Project Manager 
- HNC Computer Studies University of Glamorgan (now University of South Wales) [1992 – 1994]
I have also been interviewed and participated in a number of events. See me in action here!